GDPR Declaration !!

I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications.

Saturday, August 07, 2021

The confessions of a Cloud ERP Consultant....

I implement Cloud ERP for a living. I tell customers about how safe is Cloud and how it eases their operations.

The key argument to prospects is that it makes your desktop thin by making applications and reports available on demand.

But here is the problem. I still use the office applications installed on my desktop to create my documentation. I don't normally use Google Docs or Office 365. I still save my photos on my desktop.

It is not the money.

It is the mindset.

I may be a cloud consultant. But I still want to save the documents on my desktop. Every fortnight, I want to save them in my backup device, just in case. I want to feel in control.

In my recent interview (ttps://https://lnkd.in/gSygmY5) with Kurtis Lilford I talk about the 'Culture of Cloud Adoption in an Organization'. If the Organization has a culture of storing their data in Cloud and accessing it from anywhere, they are much more likely to adopt Cloud, I opine in that interview.

I believe in Cloud. I think that this is the future.

But then, these habits come in the way.

If I as an individual finds it difficult to change my habits, imagine changing the habits of a company with hundreds of employees like me.

No wonder Organizations remain skeptical. Change Management is a monster in transformation.

3 comments:

Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi said...

hello my name is vinay kumar i am a blogger i read your blog that was very good and also very informative this blog solve my all querry thank your for shearing your blog keep help always thank you.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

Absolute ERP said...

Nowadays, it is quite difficult to select the right ERP solution provider for any business. I was bit confused about how to select the correct one but then I read your blog on how to get the right one and how to implement it. I would like to appreciate your writing pattern and you put the right information in this blog. I am excited to tell you we are also dealing in ERP solutions. Also I suggest you the Effective and Best ERP Solution Providers in India.

Travel_Life said...

I agree, Still many Organizations remain skeptical.

Thanks
More ACTouch.com