GDPR Declaration !!

I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications.

Friday, October 29, 2021

The power of wishing...

 This post was first posted in LinkedIn. Here is the link to the post on LinkedIn

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6859852551110701056/

 "Be very careful with what you wish for, because you will get it".

So they say.

Ever since I started believing it, things have started happening as per that.

I had not flown in an aircraft till the time I was 37.

Every time I looked at the sky, I wish I could fly one day, I said to myself.

For the next ten years I have flown so much that I was considered as a 'Travel Expert' in my company. I accumulated over 200000 flying miles in Lufthansa and Air France combined.

Take another example.

I hadn't worked on ERP Product for over 7 years before I worked with Deepak NR of Sonata Software about four years ago. on a Microsoft Dynamics project. The guy knew MS Dynamics like the back of his hand. He could single-handedly implement integrated MS Dynamics solution for a customer, including SCM, Retail, Logistics and Finance.

'I wish I could be like Deepak. I want to be a hands-on expert in Oracle Fusion', I told myself one day while watching Deepak in action.

I had never implemented Oracle Fusion solution till then. So what were the chances?

But I still wished. There was no price for wishing, right?

Fast forward four years....

That is exactly what I have been doing for the last 8 months. I am working for a great company providing AMS solutions on Oracle Fusion. I am the lead architect and I get to work on customer's problems in different areas including Procurement, Inventory, Costing, Manufacturing and Financials.

I have implemented innovative solutions in different areas, revitalized a sub-optimal implementation, done data conversion, created and updated complex Subledger Rules to meet different accounting and reporting requirements, streamlined business processes, developed complex reports in both FRS and OTBI, implemented Budgeting, AIP (Image Processing) and Multi-level allocations and complex approval workflows.

And I really enjoy what I do.

When I wished for it four years ago, I never knew it would happen this way. But it did.

That is the power of wishing.

There are many more such examples

But here is the caveat.

'You should be clear about what you wish for, because you will get it'.

That is so true.

What am I wishing for now? Two years ago I wished for opportunity to implement Oracle Fusion projects in Europe.

I want to travel across Europe, cycle in Amsterdam, see the Greek Architecture, laze around by Seine in Paris, see where they had the Berlin Wall, Pray for the lost souls at the Auschwitz memorial in Poland, Pray at St.Peter's Basilica in Rome, Run those trails in Germany and Norway that I do virtually now ...

Its a big list, the universe is still working on it.

And I am working on my Spanish. Como esta usted? Me llamo Ram. Soy de India.

You never know.

#ERPConsulting #ERPImplementation #OracleFusion #DigitalTransformation

No comments: