GDPR Declaration !!

I am not collecting any personal information of any reader of or visitor to this blog. I am using Blogger, provided by Google to host this blog. I understand that Google is using cookies to collect personal information for its Analytics and Adsense applications.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Solutions: Keep them core and simple

Solution: A simple and logical option that completely resolves the core problem.

Scene at a barber shop (hair dressing saloon).
First customer enters.
Barber (BB): Sir, pl. come in. Pl. have your seat.
The FC (First customer) sits. Barber starts cutting the hair.
FC: So how is the business?
BB: Going good. Can't complain.
BB continues cutting...
FC: What are your main problems and issues.
BB thinks a bit.
BB: I am facing one problem. When I am cutting the hair of tall persons, I struggle to cut the hair on the top of the head properly. Many a times I get a lot of customer complaints.
FC: You have come to the right person. I am a consultant with XYZ corporation and I implement industry solutions. You have presented an interesting problem. Let me understand in detail. How tall are you?
BB: 5'2'' sir. I am very happy that a busy person like you have taken interest in my problem, sir.
FC: No problem. How tall is your tall customer?
BB: Anyone above 5'7'' is tall for me. My hands ache when I cut the hair. And I have to listen to the complaints.
FC: Why don't you lower the chair a bit?
BB: My chair height is fixed. An adjustable chair is expensive.
FC: My company has a solution for Hairstyling industry. We have named it 'Wash to Cash'. This is a complete solution for the hairstyling industry. It has modules that can help you track all the information that you will require. We have a 'Grey Hair' module that helps you manage your senior customers efficiently. We have a 'Blunt Razor' module. This helps you to find out which of your workers produce more cuts on the customers and help you identify if it is an attitude problem or a training issue. And you are lucky. We have added the 'Chair Slide' function in our latest release. This function automatically adjusts the height of the chair based on the height of the barber and the height of the customer. It is flexible and scalable.
BB: Sounds impressive. How much does it cost me?
FC: Today is your lucky day. We are currently initiating a discount offer on hairstyling industry solution. We are offering 3 user licenses for USD 10000. And you also get 3 user licenses free. Also, I will personally monitor the implementation of the solution.
BB: But sir, USD 10000 is my total turnover in my lifetime. I can't afford it.
FC: Fine. Let me see if I can position a better deal for you.
Hair Cut over, the First Customer (FC) leaves. Second Customer (SC) enters.
BB: Sir, welcome, please have your seat.
SC: Thank you. This place looks impressive. Do you have any problems?
BB: I was just talking to the gentleman who was here before you. I have one problem. I find it difficult to reach the top of the head of tall customers and cut their hair effectively. This leaves me with lots of unhappy customers.
SC: Why don't you buy a small wooden platform? This will increase your height.
BB: The problem with wooden platform is that I have to move it around when I am moving around customer's heads. This causes a lot of noice and customers do not like a lot of noise when their hair is getting cut. Also, the while moving the wooden platform, it can hit others leading to injuries.
SC: In that case, why don't you have paddings below your shoes? This will increase your height. Rubber paddings below the shoes do not cause noise and they do not have to be carried around. Also they help you cut the hairs of tall people effectively. So all your problems are addressed.
BB (Gushing): You have provided a simple and elegant solution to my core problem sir. I don't know why I did not think of this before.

Solution: A simple and logical option that completely resolves the core problem.

No comments: